Thursday, January 8, 2009

I just read about Al Franken,Yippie!
It rained most of yesterday ,Panama is at the end of the rainy season. It has prepared us for our next field station in Fortuna,in the cloud forest where nothing ever gets dry. We fly to David then drive to Fortuna. We will be very close to the Continental Divide. We spend 2 nights there. We just found out there are not enough beds! we have to do our own cooking. We have had a cook from town here in Bocas.
We will not have any internet up there. Then we will drive the 9 hours back to Panama city and stay in the STRI facility in Gamboa. Both boys have been very involved in both of the studies here, Bats and counting corals and sponges. We are about to go out snorkeling again
Pete will be on the Data boat and James will be using the underwater camera in the mangroves. I'm just horsing around looking at what I want. We will try to post once more tonite. We leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

No comments: