Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wed nite

We made it to Prague and back! It was great fun and very busy. Our flight was delayed from London,only about an hour. Renee gave us excellent directions to her apartment,we arrived there after a bus,the metro and a tram. Renee had her room set aside for us with a bed and a single mattress on the floor. i decided I'm too old to travel like that so I got myself a room at the hostel about 5 doors down from her flat. It was called the Czeck Inn (I kid you not) and it was the nicest hostel I ever stayed in ,it was downright posh! They had a very fun bar with food that was pretty good. We had our first czech beer while we waited for Renee to get back from a meeting,then went out for a some local food at a pub about a ten minute walk away. Food was good,James took a photo of his Pig Knuckle,impressive presentation.

On Monday we decided to do a walking tour,but got down to the old town square and started following the wrong guide,he started talking about the next few hours and we realized we were'nt on the 1 hr. tour,there was no way I was willing to follow him around for 3 hrs so we dumped out and started wondering on our own. Prague had a fair amount of snow they were shoveling out from under, but it didn't seem to be stopping anything like in London. It looks a lot like Wisconsin,bars everywhere you look!We had lunch in an Irish Pub,James had a banger burger,it was all pretty good. I'm going to bed,I'll work on this tomorrow again.

No comments: